Clara's Notes on Technology

Just a place to put down ideas and concepts on technology, mainly .NET, BizTalk, SQL Server, and other MSFT stuff.

Monday, September 26, 2005

WSSLib raised an error

I had a working demo with BTS 2004, InfoPath and WSS. The WSS site contains 3 views based on filters on a field from the InfoPath form.

After playing around with it for a while I re-published the InfoPath form to the WSS site because I had done some changes and the filters on the WSS views disappeared (because the field on which they were based was republished). This caused the following anyoing error:

The adapter "WSSLib" raised an error message.
Details "Server was unable to process request. --> Cannot complete this action.
Please try again. --> Cannot complete this action.
Please try again.".


It took me ages to get rid of it! Putting back the filters did not work. I checked all results returned by google and nothing worked. In the end, I deleted the receive locations (I had not noticed they were still enabled and thus generating the error) and created them again: YES! It worked!

Conclusion: If your demo works and you have to show it to a potential client in two days, do not play with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home