Clara's Notes on Technology

Just a place to put down ideas and concepts on technology, mainly .NET, BizTalk, SQL Server, and other MSFT stuff.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Girl Geek

While browsing the Tech-Ed 2006, I have found about Girly Geekdom, a blog hold by Sarah Blow to provide information and organize events on girl in IT. They are organizing a dinner at Tech-Ed and I will probably be joining them.

It is really exciting to find out there are people out there like me! I really like my job and I think I am not too bad at it, but sometimes feel lonely or freaky. Also, I've been thinking for a while about organizing some sort of community of Girls in Technology but then realize I don't know any other women in IT :(

The list of attendees at the Geek Girl Dinner at Barcelona contains some Spanish names, so it will be an opportunity to meet real "peers": female, geek and Spanish!

BTW, I found this post from Sarah Blow really funny too: 10 reasons for Girl Geeks to go to Conferences and 10 reasons why thy don't

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home