Clara's Notes on Technology

Just a place to put down ideas and concepts on technology, mainly .NET, BizTalk, SQL Server, and other MSFT stuff.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Becoming an Architect?

I am hoping to becoming a software architect one day. My current job is quite mixed: I do presales, development, consultancy and architecture. The idea is that I become more of an architect with time.

At TechEd EMEA 2006 I have learned about Ron Jacobs. He is an architecture evangelist for Microsoft and a very good speaker. I've been browsing his websites (mainly www.ronjacobs.com and www.arcast.com) and I have found a lot of useful information about what is an architect.

It is great to learn all these things but, at the same time, I feel far from my goal! There is so much to learn :)

Some more info. This article is really interesting about what an architect is expected to do: http://blogs.msdn.com/ramkoth/archive/2006/03/13/550218.aspx (If I don't get it right I'm headed for the "Developer with a difference" profile)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home